Hi there! You are currently looking at the old support site. For a better experirence, please use the New support forum

Support Forum

Welcome to the Support forum.

New discussions have been temporarily disabled due to the amount of new topics. Please search before posting. There are lots of discussions and documents available.

Thanks, Elliot

Welcome to the Support forum.

New Discussion can be made between Monday and Friday (AEST). Comments are never disabled.

Thanks, Elliot

Current status: Solving. . Done
Declaration of acf_taxonomy_field_walker::start_el()
  • I'm getting the following errors in both the front-end and the back-end:

Strict Standards: Declaration of acf_taxonomy_field_walker::start_el() should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth, $args, $current_object_id = 0) in /Users/Shared/Sites/business/aire/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/taxonomy.php on line 482

Strict Standards: Declaration of acf_taxonomy_field_walker::end_el() should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /Users/Shared/Sites/business/aire/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/taxonomy.php on line 482

Anybody know anything about this?

• Hi @mtthlm,

Thanks for the bug report. My server must not be forcing strict standards so I was unaware of this issue.

The issue will be that the args of the taxonomy Walker class are not 100% matching to the args of the WP Walker class.

Can you open up the taxonomy.php file in question and make these 2 changes:

line 419:

function start_el( &$output, $term, $depth, $args = array(), $current_object_id = 0)

line 442

function end_el( &$output, $term, $depth = 0, $args = array() )

Does that clear the errors?

Cheers Elliot

• Update 2: Okay, i guess i found it. I'm using WP (3.6-beta4-24534). Never mind, I'm rolling back to stable. Anyway, you could note it for yourself, the error is definitely going to come back by the roll-out of 3.6. =)

Update: I found the Lines just to recognize you already updated them by your own suggestion. But still, im getting the error. Please tell me if i can provide you any debugging info.

I'm also getting this error. In the taxonomy.php file I can't find the line you wrote about. I guess its because you've already update it since may? How can I get rid of this error?

Thanks alot for your time.

Jay

• I've already updated WP to 3.6 and I have the same problem, but after change

function start_el( &$output, $term, $depth, $args = array(), $current_object_id = 0)

to

function start_el( &$output, $term, $depth = 0, $args = array(), $current_object_id = 0) it's OK.

It's in the line 408.

• Changing the $depth var to $depth = 0 worked perfectly on WP 3.6, too.

Line 408, and thanks!!